- About Us
- Get Involved
- Contact Us
- Hearts Café
Volunteering TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All volunteers must be mature and self sufficient( over the age of 25).
- Volunteers are responsible for all costs during their time volunteering for Living Heart Peru, this includes: accommodation, food, transport and materials to complete the volunteering. If available, Living Heart Peru can provide some of the materials as well.
- Living Heart Peru does not believe in charging volunteers a formal fee for volunteering. On that basis, we like to supply the volunteer with as much information on local costs for accommodation, transport and food with suppliers whom we have good relationships. The information is subject to change at any time and will be notified to the volunteer upon Living Heart Peru’s awareness of the change.
- The start point for volunteering is our office in Cusco
- On arrival, volunteers will be met by a Living Heart Peru representative and given a welcome orientation. During the orientation, an agreement will be made between Living Heart Peru and the volunteer as to what the volunteer will accomplish and in what time frame. To secure this agreement, Living Heart Peru requests a donation of $400 payable at the welcome meeting. On completion of the agreement by the volunteer, Living Heart Peru will refund $350 to the volunteer.
- Volunteers are responsible for all pre-departure travel checks such as vaccination recommendations and visa requirements. (Many guidebooks and online services are available for this information. Additionally your home country government foreign office should be able to provide the latest travel to Peru information).
- Living Heart Peru request to see proof of travel insurance covering hospitalisation and in extreme cases repatriation costs covering the period of time the volunteer will be with Living Heart Peru.
- We do not take a deposit from volunteers to secure their places. We understand emergencies and changes occur in life and would appreciate the maximum possible notice from the volunteer in the event that they are unable to volunteer as agreed. This helps Living Heart Peru to maintain a good trusting reputation and relationship with the communities without which we could not offer volunteers the opportunity to help.
- All volunteers are responsible for their health during the time of volunteering and as such, volunteers should be aware that our communities are situated at very high altitudes between 3000m – 4000m with travel over passes that reach up to 4500m in places. Altitude sickness is a serious condition and all volunteers should take advice from their medical practitioners in their own country before travelling to volunteer at these altitudes.
- Living Heart Peru reserve the right to ask a volunteer to leave at any time in the event that the volunteer is not upholding their promise to help us in a responsible respectable manner; or should the volunteer take any unnecessary risks that can cause damage or harm to the communities or Living Heart Peru’s reputation itself.
- All volunteers must respect our Child Protection Policy, which involves keeping names, and locations of the projects in confidence at all times.
This document, TERMS and CONDITIONS, is subject to change at any time without notice.
Click hereto view a printable version of Terms and Conditions in PDF format.